Cindy Ninni Grant: "My goal is to bring laughter to as many children around the world as possible."
1. Can you start by telling me a little bit about yourself?
I’ve been married for 39 years and have 4 adult sons.
I’m a former Kindergarten teacher and I ran an in-home daycare for
teacher’s kids while raising my sons.
I had the idea for my book 35 years ago. When I retired, I wrote it.
2. When did you first realize that you wanted to be an author and when did
you publish your first book? How many books have you published so far?
When I started writing my first book a few years ago, I didn’t realize I
wanted to be an author. Not until I met my awesome illustrator, Katie
Weaver, and watched her bring my story to life, did I realize how much I
loved this new journey. This is when it hit me that I was going to be an
3. Where do you get your inspiration from and can you tell me about your
writing schedule? Like how many hours per day do you spend on your
Kids are my inspiration!
I’ve read lots of books to lots of children throughout the years. My favorites
are always the silly ones that make them laugh. The ideas just pop into my head.
I work on writing and marketing everyday. A lot of my time right now is
reading about writing and taking classes to learn as much as I can.
4. Can you tell me a little bit about your books? What do you intend to
achieve through your books and where can people purchase them?
I love writing silly, whimsical, imaginative stories. My goal is to bring
laughter to as many children around the world as possible.
and through Barnes and Noble.
5. What do you like to do when you are not writing?
Except for a few winter months, you can find me hanging out at the marina.
I’m happiest around the water.
6. What have you learnt in creating your books so far?
I’ve learned that there is so much to learn about being a writer.
I’ve learned that marketing a book is, in and of itself, a full time job and that
it can become overwhelming. My motto is, one step at a time!
7. What advice would you give to other authors?
My advice to other authors is to join author groups. Other authors are a
huge support and what you’ll learn from more seasoned authors is
unmeasurable. It’s truly rewarding making new friends who get what being
an author entails.
8. Do you provide services to help other authors?
I’m fairly new on this journey. I’m learning new things everyday. When an up and coming author reaches out to me, I help in any way I can, from providing information on classes and groups, to offering what I’ve
learned thus far.
9. How do you market your books?
So far, I run ads on Amazon, I do virtual class visits, my book is in local gift
shops, and in B&N. I also have signs on my car advertising my book, and I
pass out flyers wherever I go. I’ve used influencers and reviewers to
advertise my book on their social media.
10. What are your plans for the future? Do you have more publications on
I love writing! My second book, “My Bumpy Lumpy Belly Button,” in the
series will be published later this year. I’m super excited!
I’ve also written the first draft for the third book featuring the main
Follow Cindy :
1. website : Ninni Author Page
3. Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Cindy-Ninni-Grant
4. Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ninniauthor
5. Facebook: (2) Cindy Ninni Grant | Facebook
Good luck Ninni in your future projects. xx